13 Mar 2016

Review: Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Cream


After returning to Korea in August last year I've been on a total cosmetics binge that has led me to discover some awesome, and at times, truly godawful products. I've never been much of an Innisfree fangirl, mostly because I'm a total sucker for cutesy packaging (... I know, I know) but I'm so glad I finally jumped aboard, because their skincare products definitely fall under the former.

Their green tea line as a whole is quite big and consists of 4 lines that are formulated for different skin types i.e.
  • 'Green Tea Fresh': for oily skin
  • 'Green Tea Balancing': for normal to combination skin, and
  • 'Green Tea Moisture': for dry skin
  • 'Green Tea Seed': for dehydrated skin
  • There are also extra care products which include a sleeping pack and mists.

Today I'll be reviewing the green tea balancing cream that I've been using since I got here, and have twice repurchased, since my husband is also crazy about it. It retails at KRW15,000 for 50ml of product. Do note: Innisfree has monthly membership sales that can see the sales price drop by as much as 50%, so look out for those.

 

What it promises:
"Enriched with squeezed green tea from the pure Jeju island to deliver abundant moisture and nourishment deep into your skin.

This moisture cream is formulated with pure moisture from our freshly squeezed green tea to retain long lasting dewiness." 



Packaging: 
Eco-friendly, low carbon polypropylene pot. Pots aren't the most hygienic forms of packaging since you need to dip in your fingers, but this isn't a deal-breaker for me. Also, you can purchase a separate cosmetics spatula at your local dollar store if you are particularly concerned about contamination.

 
Texture and Scent:
When I think of cream, I tend to visualise a heavy texture and abundant moisture but the texture of this is quite thin and watery/ gel-like, which means it absorbs easily and never feels too heavy on my skin. I wear it under my makeup without any exacerbated oiliness and the scent  is really lovely and fresh!


My Thoughts:
I really love this cream. It provides lightweight moisture and leaves my skin feeling dewy and supple, however when winter arrived I quickly had to switch over to a more intensive moisturiser as this wasn't quite enough to combat extreme winter dryness. As for spring, autumn and summer, it works just fine on my combination skin and didn't cause clogged pores or breakouts. Definitely a staple in my skincare routine and highly recommended.


xo





1 comment:

  1. I tried some samples of this moisturizer sometime last winter, and it wasn't the right product for me since my skin becomes super dry during the winter. but I think it would do the job for the automn and spring for me.

    My Korea Obsession | Korean beauty products' reviews, beauty tips and DIYs

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...