2 Feb 2015

Review: Essence Soft Touch Mousse Make-up- 02 Matt Beige



Hello lovelies! Today I'll be reviewing the Essence Soft Touch Mousse make-up. I've never tried a mouse foundation before, because I'd always imagined it would come out looking cakey and flaky on my skin, but at only R65 for 16g at Clicks, I thought I might as well give it a shot. The range comes in five shades: 01 Matt Sand, 02 Matt Beige (the one I bought), 03 Matt Honey, 04 Matt Ivory and 08 Matt Vanilla.


What it promises:
"The make-up range with a super delicate mousse texture gives your face a smooth and natural-looking matt complexion while allowing your skin to breathe freely."

Ingredients:
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, SILICA, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, TRIBEHENIN, TALC, C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE, C30-45 OLEFIN, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, METHICONE, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).


Packaging:
Standard glass pot with a screw top. Nice for dipping your brush, but not very hygienic if you use your fingers.

{Tip: Use a stippling brush, like this one for best results.}


Texture and Scent:
There's a very slight chemical scent to this stuff, almost like methylated spirits which I don't really like, but the bouncy, light texture is really lovely! It applies beautifully- even on dry, flaky areas and mattifies oily areas and leaves my skin feeling velvety soft.


My Thoughts: 
I have a serious love-hate relationship with this foundation. On the one hand, I feel like it has the best texture that I've ever experienced in a foundation as it has the ability to look great on every single skin type and texture. The finish is gorgeous and the price is a steal, but damn it, there are some flaws that are absolutely detrimental to this product. Firstly, the shades are way too limited and either cater for very warm/yellow skin tones or very cool/pink skin tones, but never neutral tones like mine. The shades are also a bit artificial-looking, so even if you do have a very warm or cool skin tone, you'll probably also have a hard time finding a shade that works for you. The second flaw is the fact that this stuff oxidises real bad. I am left with orange skin by noon which makes me feel awfully Jersey Shore-like. Um.... no. Just no. The last flaw was the ultimate kicker for me and that's the fact that this stuff is terrible for your pores. I broke out almost instantly and it took weeks to undo the damage. If you are prone to comedonal acne this product is a serious no-go.

I was left very disappointed with this mousse foundation as it has so much promise in terms of its texture and ability to work on dry, oily and normal skin types, but the composition is, sadly, very slap-dash and uninspired and it shows in its performance and quality. Not recommended.
xo






3 comments:

  1. Did you read my thoughts? I was about to buy this mousse just because I've seen some pictures where it looked very nice. But the quality seems to be as cheap as the price... So I wont buy it. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with that mousse! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I saved you the disappointment, Navi! Thank you for reading! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Kate, will matte beige suite NC 37-40 in MAC ?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...