3 Aug 2014

Review: Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Pact


We're right in the middle of another very humid summer here in Korea (which is also our last, as my husband and I are making the big move back home to South Africa at the end of August!) and things have gotten super oily in the t-zone front. I've never been big on compact or loose powders as they leave my skin feeling smothered and my poor pores very much clogged up, which in turn sends out a grand invitation for little closed comedones (non-inflammatory acne) to pop up on my forehead. It then takes me weeks to get rid of them and -as you can imagine- this is a vicious cycle I really hate repeating every time. However, when I saw the Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Pact on one of my all-time favourite lifestyle blogs CityGirl Searching I decided to try it out. I got it online at the Innisfree minishop on Gmarket for an affordable KRW10 000 for 8.5g.


What it Promises:
This sebum control powder pact is designed to portray a soft and powdery complexion.

A dual sebum control system: sebum absorption and sebum control.
It contains Jeju natural mineral and mint and is a 6-free product: paraben, talc, artificial colours, animal ingredients, mineral oil and artificial fragrance free.


Packaging:
The packaging is really pretty and admittedly a big (and somewhat ridiculous) reason I decided to get this. I love the mint colour and the fact that this compact resembles a cute little macaron! It comes with a mirror and low-quality sponge, but I actually prefer applying this with a powder brush as it blends better.



Texture and Scent:
The first time I tried this I noticed a marked difference in texture to the other compact powders I've tried in the past. It's very lightweight and the white powder becomes translucent upon application, so no need to worry about a that dreaded white cast. Those of you who are sensitive to fragrance will be elated to know that this stuff has no scent whatsoever.


My Thoughts:
This compact is by far the best one I've tried to date. It has a silky soft finish and absorbs oil in an instant. I like that it's small enough to keep in my handbag and the powder also lasts a long time. It is a little clogging on my pores, but hasn't caused nearly as many bumps as other powders.

While I agree with claims that it absorbs oil, I must contest their sebum control claims- which brings me to my major gripe with this product. It simply doesn't hold up in very humid weather. I can retouch now, but within 30minutes my t-zone is shiny again. I don't like retouching constantly as it suffocates my pores, so I've opted for blotting papers instead. As for the rest of the year, this compact powder is more than sufficient, so I'd still recommend it and will more than likely be repurchasing as soon as I hit the pan.

{A little side note since I'm talking about oil control: I recently realised that I never repurchased my beloved Mizon All In One Snail Repair Cream, so I ordered some again and rediscovered just how amazing it is for oil control and all kinds of skin troubles!}

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...