8 Jan 2014

Review: The Face Shop Face It Velvet Skin Primer

 
Today I'm reviewing one of my absolute favourite beauty products ever (and I mean, ever!) To be honest, I was shocked when I realised this past weekend that I hadn't reviewed this little gem yet, so I had to remedy this asap! 

Ladies, allow me to introduce The Face Shop's Face It Velvet Skin Primer.

I've never really been big on skin primer, because the ones I have tried in the past were awfully disappointing as they left my skin feeling and looking terrible. But this past summer in Korea was incredibly hot and humid and my foundation was melting off by 10AM in the morning, which forced me back into the big search for a skin primer.

 
I tried several Korean brands and all of them were just terrible- too sticky, too greasy, too white, too shiny etc. etc. I was at my wits end until I read about the Velvet Skin Primer. I never went in store to test it and going on the good faith of the reviews I had been reading, I purchased the 30g bottle online for KRW14 900.

This oil free, scent free primer promises to hide pores and fine lines, create smooth skin texture and absorb excess oil. The packaging is very practical with a hygienic pump dispenser that dispenses enough product for a single application. It should be applied after your day moisturiser and before foundation or BB cream.


The highlight of this product is, hands down, the texture! Gorgeous and velvety, it softens your skin the moment it comes into contact with it, leaving it not only silky, but also hydrated without being greasy. It helps create the perfect canvas for the application of your foundation and/or BB cream. I find that it helps to prevent makeup resting in the fine lines below my eyes and have also experienced a dramatic increase in the longevity of my foundation- no retouching at all throughout the day! By 5PM my foundation still looks fresh and there is no sign of melting or oiliness in my t-zone.

As you might know by now, my skin is very sensitive and it doesn't take a lot for it break out, but the Face It Velvet Skin Primer hasn't caused a single blemish since I started using it in August 2013. Since it's an oil free formula, it is ideal for oily to combination skin, but we're currently in the middle of winter now and as such, my skin has become very dry and this stuff is still working to my benefit. 


It's not often that I find a product that I feel I cannot live without, but this one has earned its spot on that very short list! The Face It Primer is a perfect example of just how innovative Korean beauty products can be- they are able to confidently compete with high-end brands at a fraction of the cost. This product is affordable, good quality and delivers on it's promises- what more could a girl ask for?

xo



3 comments:

  1. Hi! You put the primer under your eyes too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa! Sorry, only saw your comment just now. Yes, I do put it under my eyes- it helps to prevent foundation and concealer from resting in the fine lines under your eyes. xx

      Delete
    2. I have bought this product, and am currently using. But I find it doesn't control the oil that well.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...